Big Ten: Jim Leonhard
If lunchtime linking is cool, consider me Miles Davis:
- When the Big Ten was forming its divisions, many teams wanted to be aligned with Northwestern because of Chicago, Scott Dochterman writes.
- Michigan State will wear Nike Pro Combat uniforms for its home game against Michigan this year. The Spartans' strength could be their defensive front four.
- Michigan is looking at a big Detroit running back. Will the Wolverines be the Big Ten's surprise team this year?
- The arrival of Nebraska doesn't make things any easier for Northwestern. Pat Fitzgerald says he would welcome an annual game at Wrigley Field and would like to see the Big Ten start conference games earlier.
- Ohio State tight end Reid Fragel tweeted that he was treated for a staph infection. A planned tribute to Jim Tressel by Ohio high school football coaches is a bad idea, Bill Livingston writes. Are the Buckeyes still the Leaders Division favorites? The Sporting News debates.
- Penn State will have a crowded carousel at quarterback.
- The younger brothers of J.J. Watt and Jim Leonhard are trying to make their own names at Wisconsin.
- ˙˙In-state recruits are warming up to Minnesota coach Jerry Kill.
- One traditionalist loves the new Indiana uniforms (subscription required).
- A look at Illinois tight end Evan Wilson and why he might be important this year.
- An incoming Purdue linebacker brings a physical presence.
- An Iowa offensive lineman was charged with DUI.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g