Big Ten: John Hicks
October, 20, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
I don't know about you but I've got about five minutes of fabulous left.
- A good piece by Herbie Gould on how it's always complicated at Illinois, even at 6-1. Bob Asmussen predicts Ron Zook will face his old team (Florida) in a bowl game.
- Wisconsin should have starting DT Patrick Butrym on the field at Michigan State. Badgers WR Nick Toon has gained a greater appreciation for his famous father.
- Indiana likely is down two offensive starters for Saturday's game. RB Stephen Houston emerges for IU, LaMond Pope writes.
- John Hicks and other former Ohio State players are pleading for the NCAA to reconsider its ruling on suspended WR DeVier Posey, Bill Rabinowitz writes. Ohio State will feature a "Scarlet Out" for the Wisconsin game.
- Purdue has trimmed its sacks allowed total, Mike Carmin writes. Boilers quarterback Caleb TerBush is making the most of his second chance.
- Penn State versus Dan Persa is the What-If Bowl, Brad Wilson writes. Nittany Lions S Drew Astorino is back to 100 percent from injury.
- Iowa's AJ Derby could be switching positions (his coach isn't saying), Pat Harty writes. Check out how former Hawkeyes star Tyler Sash is helping out Brett Greenwood.
- Steve M. Sipple takes a peek ahead at Nebraska's remaining schedule. A Prince stopped by Nebraska's practice Wednesday.
- Michigan State fans: don't expect to sway Lee Corso on Saturday morning. The pending William Gholston decision hasn't changed the practice reps for Michigan State's defensive linemen.
- Some interesting comments from Michigan coordinators Greg Mattison and Al Borges after the Michigan State loss.
- While Northwestern's defense is struggling, DE Tyler Scott has stepped up this year.
- Minnesota's young offensive line struggles to take the next step. Jerry Kill is calling for Gophers fans to get loud on Saturday.