Big Ten: Jon Falk
Media days are on tap Tuesday and Wednesday. Today's menu once again is all about the links.
- Urban Meyer waits for the facts before imposing final punishment, Bill Livingston writes. Meyer's message isn't resonating with some Buckeyes players, Bob Hunter writes. Meyer's holier-than-thou routine isn't working when it comes to player conduct, Dan Wetzel writes. Meyer needs a better plan to keep players out of trouble, Shawn Windsor writes.
- More from the Big Ten preseason writers poll here and here.
- Michigan coach Brady Hoke invites the young Ohio State fan who called his cancer "Michigan" to The Game this fall in Ann Arbor. Wolverines QB Devin Gardner is ready for the spotlight. A look at the Wolverines' fullbacks and tight ends. Michigan's offense must remedy its turnover woes. Longtime Michigan equipment manager Jon Falk will retire after the season.
- Penn State nearly became a member of the ACC, not the Big Ten, in 1990, David Jones writes. Dennis Dodd looks at Penn State a year after the NCAA sanctions came down. Lions coach Bill O'Brien is focused on fall camp.
- Ken Thompson picks the best Purdue teams by generation. The Boilers are in good shape to land a defensive end recruit.
- Nebraska comes in second in the Legends Division in the preseason writers poll. Former Huskers lineman Chase Rome will play at Memphis. Nebraska's camp countdown continues with LB David Santos.
- Minnesota center Brian Bobek (virus) is questionable for preseason camp, Nate Sandell writes. Gophers assistant Jim Zebrowski weighs in on Philip Nelson and the team's other QBs. The forecast is bleak for Minnesota in the loaded Legends Division.
- Not surprisingly, Wisconsin is picked second in the Leaders Division. Badgers incoming freshman and all-name team nominee Jazz Peavy expects to be ready for camp despite a hamstring injury.
- Michigan State doesn't get much respect in the writers poll. Former Spartans DT Anthony Rashad White signs with the New England Patriots.
- If you didn't hear what Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby had to say Monday, check it out.
- Illinois really needs the season to kick off, Loren Tate writes.
- A look at Iowa's wide receiver depth heading into camp.
- Indiana could be the Big Ten's surprise team this season.
- Northwestern can channel much of its recruiting energy toward the 2015 class.
- The Sporting News' Matt Hayes on college players thinking they're bulletproof.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State