Big Ten: Kyle Queiro
Summer, feel free to show up any time. Rainy and 59 in Chicago. Yeesh.
Link time ...
Link time ...
- Rutgers once again embarrasses itself in sticking by athletic director Julie Hermann, Ian O'Connor writes. Hermann faces the media in Piscataway. A co-chair of Rutgers' search committee tries to clarify what happened in Hermann's hiring process.
- Penn State's trustees work to reduce the NCAA sanctions on the football program. Lions coach Bill O'Brien isn't going anywhere, according to athletic director Dave Joyner. Penn State is targeting twin brother recruits who want to play at the same place.
- Wisconsin receivers coach Chris Beatty will stay put after interviewing for the top job at East Tennessee State.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill discusses the state of the program.
- Some more takes on the retirement of Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee.
- Mark Dantonio says Michigan State's quarterback situation is better than last year. Former Spartans running back Le'Veon Bell earns Michigan State's top athletic honor.
- Purdue could make an appearance at Wrigley Field against Northwestern in 2015.
- Defensive end Frank Clark will be Michigan's breakout player in 2013, Kyle Meinke writes.
- Indiana's new helmets are nice, but coach Kevin Wilson is focused on substance over style. A summer camp preview of the Hoosiers.
- Athlon previews and predicts the Big Ten in 2013. BTN.com debates the Big Ten's passing touchdowns leader in 2013 and ranks the league's backup quarterbacks.
- Iowa names its leadership group for the season. A strong sports medicine program could lure recruit Matt Nelson to Iowa.
- A summer camp preview of Illinois. The Champaign Room dreams big about potential Illini quarterback transfer Wes Lunt.
- Northwestern incoming freshman Kyle Queiro fights the "finesse" label.
- As the Dallas Cowboys turn over play calls to Bill Callahan, Dirk Chatelain looks back at Callahan's top play-calling moments at Nebraska.
What's on your plate today?
- In case you missed my BCS presidents' meeting primer, check it out. Steve Sipple is a bit skeptical about whether a four-team playoff represents progress. The proposed playoff is on the 1-yard line, needing one final push, Thayer Evans writes.
- Penn State's changing roster makeup means more opportunities for young players. The NCAA shouldn't punish Penn State, as the civil court system will handle it, Gregg Doyel writes. Matt Hinton agrees.
- Former ESPN personality Dana Jacobson weighs in on the Jerry Sandusky situation and her own experience as a victim of abuse.
- BTN.com's Tom Dienhart looks at key Big Ten players returning from injuries this fall.
- One of Illinois' recent commitments, Darius Mosely, talks about his recruitment to the Orange and Blue.
- Northwestern is up to 10 commits for 2013 as athlete Kyle Queiro pledged to play for the Wildcats.
- Purdue picks up its fourth commit for the 2013 class. Coach Danny Hope thinks his Purdue team built some important momentum late last season.
- Disorderly conduct charges have been dismissed against Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman. Minnesota picks up a D-line recruit from its neighboring state.
- Speaking of neighboring states, Wisconsin bolsters its defensive line with a prospect from Iowa.
- Michigan State adds a wide receiver to its 2013 recruiting class. Cornerback Darian Hicks is excited to join the swarming Spartans defense.
- Iowa's early recruiting push for 2013 is a sign of the times, Randy Peterson writes.
- Ohio State linebacker Curtis Grant is ready to back up his recruiting hype. Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will enter the Cleveland Sports Hall of Fame in September.
- Several Michigan recruits took part in the Rivals Five-Star Challenge in Atlanta.
- Two takes on Nebraska's move to the Big Ten from the Daily Nebraskan here and here.
BACK TO TOP
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
0:00 4th Qtr 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 0:58 2nd Qtr Buffalo 10 San Diego State 21 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State