Big Ten: Marcus Binns
Shut up and play the hits.
- Bob Flounders says it's likely that the NCAA will do something harsh to Penn State. Writers debate what should be done to the school in the New York Times. There are no easy answers here, Mike Kern writes. An advocacy group says Nittany Lions players should be able to transfer without penalty.
- Iowa running back Marcus Binns was cited for shoplifting, but Kirk Ferentz said Binns is already off the team. Despite being undersized and not playing football for all that long, Christian Kirksey led the Hawkeyes in tackles a year ago.
- Michigan quarterback recruit Shane Morris continues to challenge himself this summer. The Wolverines are planning an electronic marquee near the stadium.
- Central Michigan is adding seats to its stadium in preparation for Michigan State's visit. Cancer survivor Arthur Ray Jr. wants to keep playing for the Spartans and says he deserves more than six years from the NCAA.
- Andre McDonald settled on Minnesota after getting his home life settled. Excellent feature on the incoming freshman by Phil Miller.
- Little-used cornerback Sean Collins was dismissed from Purdue after his arrest.
- Tom Dienhart offers 10 reasons why Indiana should be excited this year. The BTN guys debate the idea of a nine-game conference schedule.
- The O-Zone looks at how Ohio State might run the "counter trey."
- Black Shoe Diaries puts Illinois under the microscope.
- Andy Staples does a hypothetical college football mock draft, and Wisconsin's Montee Ball is the first Big Ten player selected.
- Former Nebraska star Prince Amukamara handed out cleats and other equipment to the Lincoln High School team.
- A SoCal linebacker committed to Northwestern.
BACK TO TOP