Big Ten: Matt Domer
Friday is Take Your Dog to Work Day. Which won't be anything different for my pooch.
- Sports Illustrated's Stewart Mandel has a comprehensive look at the Big Ten's polarizing East Coast push.
- Retiring Penn State athletic director Dave Joyner responded to some of his critics in this video interview. Joyner leaves a complicated legacy. Some more reaction to Joyner's announcement.
- Michigan State quarterback Damion Terry is recovering from surgery on his non-throwing shoulder and is expected to be ready for the start of the season. Junior Brandon Clemons plans to fight for playing time at defensive tackle against the Spartans' heralded recruits.
- What's next for Ross-Ade Stadium's south end zone after Purdue removed the bleachers there?
- If Ty Isaac crowds Michigan's backfield, so be it. Brady Hoke says the best running back will play.
- Ohio State picked up its seventh commitment for 2015 with an in-state linebacker. Another Buckeyes commit flashed the 'Block O' while at Michigan.
- Illinois running back signee Matt Domer was denied admission to the school, leaving the Illini thin at the position.
- The latest "On Iowa" podcast tackles the Hawkeyes' schedule and other matters.
- Faith and perseverance paid off for Rutgers freshman QB Giovanni Rescigno.
- The Big Ten Network highlights the best of Week 13.
October, 9, 2013
By Gerry Hamilton | ESPN Insider
Each Wednesday, ESPN RecruitingNation updates its national class rankings. For an in-depth look at the Big Ten conference, check out our conference rankings:
1. Michigan, 15 commits: The Wolverines are No. 6 in the RecruitingNation class rankings, which includes nine ESPN300 prospects -- among them headliner and No. 2 overall Jabrill Peppers (Paramus, N.J./Paramus Catholic High). Michigan could make a move into the top-5 by winning the race for No. 4 Da’Shawn Hand (Woodbridge, Va./Woodbridge High). Defensive tackle and No. 67 Malik McDowell (Southfield, Mi./Southfield High) is another top target still in play. No. 41 overall John Smith (Long Beach, Calif./Polytechnic High) will visit Nov. 29, and is another top target remaining.
Long holiday weekend planned? Fuel up with some links first.
- Grantland explores Tom Osborne's stunning two-point gamble against Miami i the 1984 Orange Bowl. Huskers recruit Tanner Farmer is impressing at an elite camp.
- Maurice Clarett is pursuing a rugby career. Ohio State lost another linebacker to transfer.
- Matt McGloin's transformation helped with the recruiting pitch to Penn State QB commit Michael O'Connor. Mac McWhorter is glad he took on the challenge of coaching for the Nittany Lions. New PSU commit Antoine White has put his weight issues behind him.
- Recent commit Noah Furbush seems to fit the mold Michigan is looking for at linebacker. Taylor Lewan and Devin Gardner took questions from fans on Twitter.
- Jim Bollman could help develop a more effective offensive line for Michigan State.
- Running back Matt Domer is "all in" as Illinois' eighth commitment for 2014.
- What Iowa can expect in the Iowa State game.
- Ken Thompson looks at the best Purdue players from the state of Illinois.
- Reviewing Wisconsin's 2013 recruiting class.
- Indiana's seventh commit for 2014 is an in-state defensive back.
- How Minnesota stacks up in the all-important video game rankings.
- Breaking down the Northwestern quarterback position.
- A preview of what the Big Ten will be getting in Rutgers.
- Tom Dienhart ranks every 2013 Big Ten game.
- The Big Ten's trophy problems show that athletes and coaches aren't necessarily role models, Tom Oates writes.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g