Big Ten: Nate Guillory Iowa Hawkeyes
August, 27, 2008
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
A few Big Ten items before the drive home:
- If you can't tell already, I'm a big fan of Doug Lesmerises' Ohio State blog on The Cleveland Plain Dealer site. Some more good stuff today, including the endless debate about Terrelle Pryor's playing time, the comedy of left tackle Alex Boone (the next Kirk Barton) and some pictures of tough guys looking tough.
- A little bit of a surprise here as Ohio State running back Beanie Wells tops SI.com's preseason Heisman watch. Wells sounds off on his injuries, his speech before the Michigan game and his iPod selection in a Q&A with Gene Menez.
- The two-quarterback system hasn't worked before at Michigan, the Detroit Free Press' Jamie Samuelsen writes in his blog.
- Running back Nate Guillory didn't have the time to wait his turn at Iowa and had to transfer, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Here's a full transcript from the revealing teleconferences this morning with Penn State quarterbacks Daryll Clark and Pat Devlin, courtesy of The Altoona Mirror's Cory Giger.
- Penn State defensive end Josh Gaines thinks the current line is better than the 2005 version that got to the Orange Bowl, The Patriot-News' Bob Flounders writes in his blog.
- I meant to post this several days ago, but comedian and die-hard Iowa fan Tom Arnold responds to allegations that he's become an Alabama backer after recently attending Crimson Tide practice, The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Mike Hlas writes on his blog, appropriately titled The Hlog. Wonder if the editors will let me call this the Rittenblog. Speaking of editors, Arnold needs one in his e-mail.
- The Indianapolis Star's Terry Hutchens was spot on with his 2007 prediction for Indiana football, getting the team's overall record, bowl game and bowl opponent correct. Here's his forecast for this fall.
- If you missed it yesterday, Indiana defensive end Greg Middleton, the nation's sacks leader in 2007, has been suspended for Saturday's opener along with three reserves.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g