Big Ten: Nolan Jones
You know, I've got problems of my own. I can't always be the lovable sidekick on the Manny Show. Did you even notice I'm binge eating?
- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany will be deposed by the attorneys representing Ed O'Bannon and others in the antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA.
- Dennis Dodd picks Ohio State to win the national title, and the Buckeyes lead off his post-spring Top 25. The Buckeyes are all about ending the SEC's streak of titles. Buckeyes star Orlando Pace raised the bar for offensive tackles.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien doesn't expect many more player departures. Former Lions quarterback Matt McGloin will try out for the Carolina Panthers. A good look inside Penn State's athletic budget.
- Tom Dienhart thinks Indiana faces a rough road this season.
- Marc Morehouse looks at recruiting around the Big Ten. Some interesting odds on who will win the Big Ten (league and divisions).
- Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez says no contract has been signed to play LSU in Houston.
- Nebraska picks up its second recruit for the 2014 class. Former Husker great Grant Wistrom welcomes Tommie Frazier to the Hall of Fame fraternity.
- Two Michigan wide receiver recruits stand out at the recent Nike camp. Michigan football names a new operations chief (Nolan Jones) and associate AD (Bob Lopez).
- Michigan State is in the hunt for a tight end from Badger Country. Kirk Cousins' singing career is catching up to him in the NFL.
- Purdue is among a small group of NCAA programs that doesn't receive athletic subsidies.
- Minnesota realizes it has to be part of the Big Ten's push to upgrade schedules. The Minnesota Vikings will use TCF Bank Stadium for two seasons while their new facility is built.
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman and AD Mike Thomas were on Chicago radio Wednesday.
- Northwestern linebacker recruit Anthony Walker brings more speed to Evanston.