Big Ten: Rich Rodriguz
I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts. Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.
- Rich Rodriguez and Ron Zook will step into the fire in 2010, while Tim Brewster and Bill Lynch also will feel the heat, Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart writes.
- Penn State's football program generates unprecedented profits, and Joe Paterno is the biggest reason why, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Football drives the bus at Iowa, and the school's struggling basketball program might be paying a price, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Like several other Big Ten programs, Iowa is raising football season-ticket prices for 2010, Ryan Suchomel writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- After a one-year stint at Illinois, Mike Schultz lands on his feet as Middle Tennessee's new offensive coordinator.
- The Big Ten expansion push seems to be moving at a quick pace, CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd writes.
- Northwestern's Mark Ison has been named one of two recipients of the 2010 Wayne Duke Postgraduate Award from the Big Ten.