Big Ten: Shawn Conway
Don't forget to check out all the Big 12 meetings news. For Big Ten news, you're in the right place.
- Nick Saban thinks Notre Dame remains the top prize for the Big Ten in expansion, colleague Chris Low writes.
- Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe remains confident, at least publicly, that his league won't be impacted by expansion, Stu Durando writes in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- A Florida man pleads guilty to assaulting Ohio State safety Tyler Moeller and faces sentencing in August, Curtis Krueger writes in the St. Petersburg Times. Ohio State is anxiously anticipating a decision Thursday from heralded prep quarterback Braxton Miller, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Ron Dayne's Heisman Trophy bracelet was stolen in a Madison burglary.
- Wide receiver Shawn Conway didn't wait long to say yes to Michigan, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- Nick Hill is a small running back with big plans at Michigan State, David Goricki writes in The Detroit News. The Spartans signed a contract to play Jacksonville State in 2014, Al Muskewitz writes in The Anniston Star.
- Purdue gets a commitment from quarterback Russell Bellomy.
- It's unlikely defensive tackle Josh Brent will return to Illinois this fall, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie writes.
- Indiana head coach Bill Lynch wants to maintain competition throughout the summer, Pete DiPrimio writes in The (Fort Wayne) News-Sentinel.
February, 22, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Catching up on links from late last week and the weekend.
- As expected, Wisconsin's athletic board approved a $3 increase in football ticket prices, Andy Baggott writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. An excellent breakdown of the reasoning behind the increase from Tom Mulhern of the State Journal.
- Offensive linemen Doug Bartels (Northwestern) and Jeff Allen (Illinois) and safety Jordan Kovacs (Michigan) make SI.com's All Two-Star (and fewer) team.
- Rich Rodriguez reiterates his pledge to Michigan at a pep rally Sunday, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes. More quotes from RichRod and several former Michigan players, Mark Synder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Purdue linebacker Jason Werner received one more chance in football, and he plans to capitalize on it, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Former Penn State quarterback Anthony Morelli is giving the NFL another shot two years after being cut by Arizona, The Associated Press' Michael Marot writes.
- The Des Moines Register's Sean Keeler breaks down a possible 14-team Big Ten with new additions Pitt, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Michigan State and Michigan picked up 2011 commitments during the weekend from Onjae Miller and Shawn Conway, respectively.
BACK TO TOP