Big Ten: Shawn Conway
Don't forget to check out all the Big 12 meetings news. For Big Ten news, you're in the right place.
- Nick Saban thinks Notre Dame remains the top prize for the Big Ten in expansion, colleague Chris Low writes.
- Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe remains confident, at least publicly, that his league won't be impacted by expansion, Stu Durando writes in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- A Florida man pleads guilty to assaulting Ohio State safety Tyler Moeller and faces sentencing in August, Curtis Krueger writes in the St. Petersburg Times. Ohio State is anxiously anticipating a decision Thursday from heralded prep quarterback Braxton Miller, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Ron Dayne's Heisman Trophy bracelet was stolen in a Madison burglary.
- Wide receiver Shawn Conway didn't wait long to say yes to Michigan, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- Nick Hill is a small running back with big plans at Michigan State, David Goricki writes in The Detroit News. The Spartans signed a contract to play Jacksonville State in 2014, Al Muskewitz writes in The Anniston Star.
- Purdue gets a commitment from quarterback Russell Bellomy.
- It's unlikely defensive tackle Josh Brent will return to Illinois this fall, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie writes.
- Indiana head coach Bill Lynch wants to maintain competition throughout the summer, Pete DiPrimio writes in The (Fort Wayne) News-Sentinel.
February, 22, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Catching up on links from late last week and the weekend.
- As expected, Wisconsin's athletic board approved a $3 increase in football ticket prices, Andy Baggott writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. An excellent breakdown of the reasoning behind the increase from Tom Mulhern of the State Journal.
- Offensive linemen Doug Bartels (Northwestern) and Jeff Allen (Illinois) and safety Jordan Kovacs (Michigan) make SI.com's All Two-Star (and fewer) team.
- Rich Rodriguez reiterates his pledge to Michigan at a pep rally Sunday, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes. More quotes from RichRod and several former Michigan players, Mark Synder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Purdue linebacker Jason Werner received one more chance in football, and he plans to capitalize on it, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Former Penn State quarterback Anthony Morelli is giving the NFL another shot two years after being cut by Arizona, The Associated Press' Michael Marot writes.
- The Des Moines Register's Sean Keeler breaks down a possible 14-team Big Ten with new additions Pitt, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Michigan State and Michigan picked up 2011 commitments during the weekend from Onjae Miller and Shawn Conway, respectively.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State