Big Ten: Sheldon Day
Hope you're having a good Friday. Here's what's happening around the league.
- Ohio State coach Jim Tressel forwarded emails about players' wrongdoings to Terrelle Pryor's mentor. Here's the initial report from The Columbus Dispatch.
- Jerry Kill sets the tone in his first practice at Minnesota, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune. Quarterback MarQueis Gray responds after a shaky start, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- More on Curtis Drake's injury at Penn State practice from Sean Fitz. Penn State is one of many schools eying elite recruit Keith Marshall, the Sporting News' Brian McLaughlin writes.
- Any discipline Indiana running back Darius Willis faces will take place internally, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Nebraska's secondary is adjusting well to new coach Corey Raymond, Dan Hoppen writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- Michigan State cut ties with a local booster club in financial trouble, Scott Davis writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Wisconsin offensive lineman Travis Frederick tries to find his inner mean streak, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- A closer look at Iowa's secondary from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse. Iowa's spring depth chart reveals the home-grown talent on the squad, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Michigan picks up its first commitment for 2012. Both Michigan and Michigan State are looking at defensive line recruit Sheldon Day, Sam Webb writes in The Detroit News.
- Despite the tragedy at Notre Dame, Purdue will continue to use scissor lifts at practice and closely monitor the weather.
BACK TO TOP