Big Ten: Taran Buie
California dreamin' this weekend ...
- There's no draft for Oho State's spring game this year because of a shortage of offensive linemen, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Forget about the score, but Ohio State's scrimmage will be informative, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Beano Cook weighs in on the Jim Tressel situation, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Brady Hoke will make 15 stops around the country in May to visit with former Michigan players.
- There are parallels between Rob Bolden and Taran Buie, though Penn State fans hope Bolden's story has a different ending, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- Mark Dantonio discusses Michigan State's second jersey scrimmage. Spartans reserve quarterback Andrew Maxwell waits for his big moment, Matt Charboneau writes in The Detroit News. Former Michigan State star Lynn Chandnois passes away.
- One draft analyst thinks Illinois linebacker Martez Wilson could go in the first round, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Wisconsin receiver Kenzel Doe turns in a strong practice, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Sending the starters versus the starters in Wisconsin's spring game might not be the best approach, Michael Bleach writes in The Badger Herald.
- Nebraska adds to its running back depth with a former Alabama and Eastern Michigan player, HuskerIllustrated.com's Michael Bruntz writes. The Big Ten Network's Gerry DiNardo thinks the Nebraska "N" is classy, Steven M. Sipple writes in the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Want to spend Easter weekend with DJK? It can happen, Sean Keeler writes in The Des Moines Register.
- Jerry Kill wants Minnesota students to provide a "party, get-after-it atmosphere," Josh Katzenstein writes in the Minnesota Daily. The Gophers boast some depth at middle linebacker as Florida transfer Brendan Beal enters the mix, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
- Here's the second half of Jim Delany's interview with the Omaha World-Herald.
Ready ... link.
- Penn State football player Curtis Drake has been cited for fighting with Nittany Lions basketball recruit Taran Buie outside McDonald's, the Centre Daily Times reports.
- Dr. Lou thinks Notre Dame should finally join a conference, but the Fighting Irish likely won't follow his advice, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Penn State defensive end Jack Crawford has followed a similar path to that of former Lions star Tamba Hali, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. The Philadelphia Daily News' Phil Jasner reports that Temple has discussed facing Penn State at a neutral site, although the momentum seems to have slowed a bit.
- Former Ohio State star Chris Spielman reflects on football and the challenges in his life as he prepares to be enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Former Illinois defensive tackle Josh Brent gets another chance in football as the Cowboys select him in the NFL supplemental draft, Marcus Jackson writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Bill Lynch and Indiana have benefited greatly from offering scholarships early in recruiting, but he doesn't strongly oppose an NCAA proposal that would ban super-early offers, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr and new Michigan AD Dave Brandon are heading into the Gridiron Greats Hall of Fame, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- A quick preview of Michigan State in 2010 from The Sporting News' Michael Bradley.
- Minnesota linebacker Gary Tinsley appeared in court Thursday to face two counts stemming from his moped incident in April, Vince Tuss writes in the Star Tribune.
- What's the top game of the Kirk Ferentz era at Iowa? The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Mike Hlas picks Iowa-Penn State in 2008, while the paper's readers go with the dramatic 2005 Capital One Bowl win against LSU.