Big Ten: taylor mart
November, 7, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Rejoice: no more political ads!
- Illinois insists it still has a lot to play for this season.
- Indiana goes with the hot hand at quarterback (subscription required). The Hoosiers will have a small cast for Senior Day.
- James Ferentz has been the 2012 Iowa MVP, Pat Harty writes. Kirk Ferentz doesn't let the criticism get to him, at least not publicly.
- Michigan will split carries between Fitz Toussaint and Thomas Rawls going forward. It's not just at the top of the quarterback chart where there's mystery for the Wolverines. Taylor Martinez is "not even close" to being as fast as Denard Robinson, Greg Mattison says.
- Mark Dantonio breaks down Michigan State's breakdowns against Nebraska. Johnny Adams insists he made a legal hit on the personal foul that wiped out a 96-yard pick-six.
- Minnesota is running low on healthy options at wide receiver. Jerry Kill says he needs to show a little more restraint over officials' calls.
- Justin Blatchford may have an uncanny resemblance to Taylor Martinez, but the former walk-on defensive back is making a name for himself at Nebraska. How about a Huskers-Notre Dame matchup in the Rose Bowl? Nebraska could play Southern Miss in Arrowhead Stadium next year.
- Northwestern doesn't know which Michigan quarterback it will face this week.
- After a slow start, running back Rod Smith has carved out a niche in the Ohio State offense.
- Penn State's secondary has made a lot of strides. Bill O'Brien holds his players to a high standard at practice. Graham Spanier was arraigned and is out on bail.
- Purdue's defensive backs coach says the Boilers simply have to make more plays on defense. An unhappy ending could be awaiting Danny Hope.
- Bart Miller has helped whip the Wisconsin offensive line into shape. Tom Oates says Danny O'Brien is the Badgers' best choice at quarterback.
BACK TO TOP