Big Ten: Travis Reece
Seems like retirement season is upon us in the sports world. Don't worry, I've got at least 50 years left in me.
- Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy has entered the Big Ten championship game sweepstakes, Jeff Rabjohns writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Michigan wide receiver Darryl Stonum spent three nights in jail last month for probation violations, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Wolverines hosted five blue-chip recruits last week, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press. Mgoblog's Brian Cook looks at Michigan's all-decade team on offense.
- Indiana athletic director Fred Glass continues to enhance the game-day experience with a new high definition video scoreboard at Memorial Stadium, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Once anonymous Wisconsin quarterback Scott Tolzien is suddenly on the national radar, Mike Lucas writes in The Capital Times.
- Northwestern comes in at No. 41 nationally in the Orlando Sentinel's countdown of FBS teams.
- Former Michigan State running back Travis Reece sets his sights on the political arena, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Eleven Warriors looks at Ohio State's freshmen: who to redshirt and who to play.
- Missed this one from a few days ago, but Penn State star offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski receives high praise from his All-American uncle, Steve, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror.
- Iowa's Adrian Clayborn is hearing the Ndamukong Suh comparisons, Andrew Logue writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Minnesota running back Duane Bennett discusses his progress and the upcoming season with 1500ESPN.com's Darren Wolfson.