Big Ten: Tre Robinson
It's Opening Day at Wrigley Field, and the Cubs' bullpen is already redefining the seventh-inning stretch this season.
- Penn State showed its youth in Saturday's scrimmage, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. The Lions' offense has a long way to go, and it's not just the quarterbacks, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- Minnesota scrimmaged Saturday without linebacker Sam Maresh, and here's why, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- The door is open for Ben Buchanan to land Ohio State's starting kicker spot, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Some thoughts on Ohio State's spring depth chart.
- The rule about Michigan's quarterback competition: don't assume anything, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- It's open season on Illinois' quarterbacks, at least for a day, Mark Tupper writes in the (Decatur) Herald & Review.
- After a turnover-filled 2009 season, Purdue is once again struggling to hold onto the football, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier. Quarterback Robert Marve gets a fresh start with the Boilers, Dave Curtis writes in The Sporting News.
- Indiana picks up a commitment from quarterback Tre Robinson, who has roots with the program, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required). IU's Matt Ernest is making the slow transition to cornerback, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Pat Fitzgerald is pleased with Northwestern's first scrimmage, ESPNChicago.com's Scott Powers writes.
- Tight ends coach Joe Rudolph was an easy choice to become Wisconsin's new recruiting coordinator, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times.
BACK TO TOP