Big Ten: Tyler Wullenwaber
September, 7, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I was dreaming when I wrote this. Forgive me if it goes astray.
- Tim Beckman is hoping Illinois can handle the difficult trip out to the desert. The Illini quarterback situation remains a mystery.
- Indiana receiver Nick Stoner has used faith to guide him through life and his football career. The Hoosiers are hungry for a road victory.
- A tale of the tape between James Vandenberg and Steele Jantz. Iowa defensive lineman Joe Gaglione has risen to the challenge as a senior.
- Michigan played 12 true freshmen in the opener and could use more this season. Hard work paid off for some Wolverines walk-ons who earned scholarships.
- Several current Michigan State players were there the day Central Michigan won in Spartan Stadium in 2009. The Spartans' receivers are ready to improve upon a shaky opening performance.
- A hockey rivalry led to this week's football game between Minnesota and New Hampshire.
- Fast-paced offenses are all the rage, and Nebraska is joining the party. Walk-on Tyler Wullenwaber is seeing some time at receiver for the Huskers.
- Northwestern freshman Ifeadi Odenigbo talks about getting his feet wet this week against Vanderbilt.
- Adam Griffin, son of Archie Griffin, is looking to make his own name at Ohio State and is becoming a special-teams ace.
- Derek Day has gone from walk-on to starting running back for Penn State. Bill O'Brien is looking to change an 0-6 record at Virginia from his ACC days.
- Purdue takes a lot of confidence, if not previous success, into Notre Dame Stadium this weekend.
- Mike Taylor is at the top of the list of Wisconsin players looking to atone for defensive mistakes in the opener. Badgers freshman tailback Vonte Jackson suffered a torn ACL, his second in as many years.