Big Ten: Vada Murray
Back home at last ...
- Running quarterbacks have become the norm in the Big Ten, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
- Penn State will be missing quite a few players for the Blue-White Game. The Lions' quarterback competition adds intrigue to this year's spring game, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times. Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges benefited from his prior days at safety, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Nebraska's spring game rosters are out, so who has the edge? Some Nebraska spring game story lines from Samuel McKewon.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill went off on his team after Thursday's practice, Miller writes.
- Northwestern's quarterbacks get an early start on their preparation, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune. Wildcats safety Hunter Bates is still working his way back from injury, Tina Akouris writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Some Michigan notes heading into the spring game from The Detroit News' Angelique Chengelis. Former Michigan player Vada Murray left a lasting legacy, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes.
- What to watch in Iowa's spring scrimmage, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Does this mean no more big ass turkey legs in Iowa City?
- Illinois quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase embraces higher expectations this year, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie writes.
- It's hard not to look ahead to Nebraska-Ohio State on Oct. 8, Steven M. Sipple writes.
- Don't forget about Nick Hill in Michigan State's crowded offensive backfield, Matt Charboneau writes in The Detroit News. The Spartans' young offensive line could be a concern, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Terrelle Pryor still has a lot to improve to make it as an NFL quarterback, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Buckeyes draft hopeful Cameron Heyward checks in with the mothership.
- Penn State assistant Jay Paterno weighs in on the perils of 7-on-7 football, CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd writes.
- New Indiana coach Kevin Wilson isn't holding back this spring, Tim Ethridge writes in the Evansville Courier & Press.
- Wisconsin fullback Bradie Ewing prepares for a bigger role this fall, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
Three Big Ten teams, four days, three states. Bringin' it this week.
- More on Arthur Ray Jr.'s return to practice and other Michigan State spring bits from the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode. The Spartans are expanding their recruiting base, Matt Dorsey writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Penn State receiver Derek Moye will miss the rest of spring ball following a concussion, Matt Fortuna writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Purdue wanted to wait until Saturday to reveal the new Purdue Pete, but pictures of the mascot accidentally were posted online. Keep an eye on the Boilers' defensive ends Saturday as the Boilers look to replace Ryan Kerrigan, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- More on the Gold Pants/"Pawn Stars" situation and other Ohio State nuggets from The Columbus Dispatch's Bob Hunter.
- A low-key practice gets a little chippy at Wisconsin thanks to a hit by safety Aaron Henry, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. After thinking it over, Wisconsin tackle Gabe Carimi will stay home for the NFL draft.
- Nebraska's move to the Big Ten suits linebacker Will Compton, Rich Kaipust writes in the Omaha World-Herald. Kickoff time and TV have been finalized for the Huskers' trip to Wyoming.
- Roy Roundtree and Michigan's other receivers are catching on to the new offense, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Former teammates of the late Michigan safety Vada Murray reflect on Murray's life, Michael Rosenberg writes in the Free Press. Michigan AD Dave Brandon also weighs in on Murray's passing.
- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson will only use the tight ends if they're good enough, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Iowa's first commit for 2012 is a legacy, Randy Peterson writes in the Des Moines Register.
- The Iowa-Nebraska games in 2013 and 2014 are scheduled for Saturday but could be moved to Friday, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Plenty of Minnesota spring tidbits from the Star Tribune's Phil Miller. The Gophers need a No. 2 receiver to emerge alongside Da'Jon McKnight, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Northwestern fans should get to know the name Ibraheim Campbell, Skip Myslenski writes.
- Illinois is looking for answers at linebacker this spring, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie writes. Illini sophomore Evan Wilson is used to practicing in the spring, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g