Big Ten: Woody Orne
Spring football is under way at all 11 Big Ten schools. Great time of the year.
- Purdue star defensive end Ryan Kerrigan will miss the remainder of spring ball after reinjuring his surgically repaired foot, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Jim Tressel is seeing steady improvement from Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor following the Rose Bowl. Some notes from Ohio State's first practice, including the continued absence of wide receiver Duron Carter.
- Greg Robinson wants to put more speed and flexibility into Michigan's defense this fall, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Some interesting comparisons between chess and Penn State's quarterback situation from the Centre Daily Times' Jeff Rice.
- Indiana coach Bill Lynch likes what he's seeing from the 3-4 defensive alignment so far this spring, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Iowa offensive lineman Woody Orne brings an interesting mental makeup to the competition up front, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. The Hawkeyes are looking for a backup tight end this spring, Randy Peterson writes in the Des Moines Register. Former Iowa player Abeberell Satterfield goes on trial for sexual assault this month.
- After failing to eat his way into a linebacker, Wisconsin's Conor O'Neill hopes to contribute at safety this fall, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.