- Joe McDonald, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
The deal is a $40,000 decrease from the one-year, one-way contract he played under with the Bruins during the 2013-14 season.
Prior to the start of the free-agent period on July 1, Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli admitted other organizations had contacted him about the possibility of acquiring Caron’s services. Even though the Bruins have re-signed the 23-year-old forward, it’s still possible Caron will be traded.
Caron, a first-round pick (25th overall) in the 2009 draft, has played a total of 132 games in parts of four seasons with the Bruins and has registered 12 goals and 16 assists for 28 points. He spent much of last season as a healthy scratch, but played 35 games during the regular season and seven during the playoffs.
“I think he can be a full-time player,” Chiarelli said earlier this month of Caron. “I’ve gotten a couple calls on him today and I have talked to him about this. It may be that it is time for him to get a chance with another team. As I said at the draft, I’ve talked to a few teams about him and Jordan wants to stay in Boston, but he would welcome another opportunity also. So I will continue to explore those.”
5dPierre LeBrun and Joe McDonald