Chiarelli on Savard

September, 22, 2010
9/22/10
10:06
AM ET
General manager Peter Chiarelli has been a busy man over the last 18 hours or so, discussing the status of Bruins center Marc Savard in several forums in the wake of an ESPNBoston.com report that there was a chance Savard could miss the season with post-concussion syndrome.

Here are a few of his statements:

* In a Bruins press release on Tuesday:

"As I stated on Friday, Marc Savard is suffering from symptoms related to post-concussion syndrome," the statement said. "He is under the care of our doctors. Any reports that suggest that there are any other issues regarding Marc, or him not playing for the Bruins this season, are completely inaccurate.

"Also, as I have previously stated, when there is a change in Marc's status, I will issue an update."

* At the Bruins’ town hall meeting at the TD Garden on Tuesday night, when asked by a fan about Savard:

"The notion that Marc won't be playing for the full year has never even been considered and in fact we expect him to be back in rather short order," Chiarelli said, according to NESN.com. "He's in good spirits. He's been seen by our doctors and will continue to be seen by our doctors."

* During an interview on Boston sports radio station 98.5 The Sports Hub on Wednesday morning, when asked what the best- and worst-case scenarios were for Savard:

“I’m not going to go into that because it is uncertain,” Chiarelli aid. “We’re giving it care and treatment. It could be two weeks. It could be a month. I don’t know. It would be unfair for me to give you a timeframe because I don’t know the timeframe. But what I can tell you is that in talking to him, he is in a good frame of mind and is anxious to get back.”

The interviewer followed up by asking Chiarelli whether there was a chance Savard could miss the season, to which the general manager responded, “I don’t know.”

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?