Horton ready to go for camp

September, 12, 2011
9/12/11
2:05
PM ET
BOLTON, Mass. -- Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton admitted earlier this summer that he’s symptom-free after he suffered a concussion in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals last June, and when he arrived at the organization’s annul charity golf tournament on Monday he said he’s been cleared to play and will be on the ice for the first day of training camp on Friday.

“I feel good. I feel great,” Horton said. “Hopefully I continue to keep doing good.”

Horton was on the receiving end of a nasty season-ending hit by the Canucks’ Aaron Rome in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals.

“I don’t watch it,” he said of the hit. “I get asked a lot how I’m doing and that’s nice, but I don’t watch it. I watched it when it first happened. The last time I watched it was when I was in the hospital. It’s in my past now and I’m looking forward to feeling good and start to play hockey again.”

Horton took some time off during the summer to make sure he was symptom-free and he’s experienced no setbacks. He’s been working out and recently returned to skating.

“It’s nice to come back to the rink when it feels like you haven’t left it,” Horton said. "Normally when you come back everything feels different and it takes a while, but not this year. It feels normal.”

Not only did Horton have to recover from the concussion, but he also separated his shoulder during Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals.

“I feel good. I feel a lot better than I did,” he said.

Joe McDonald

Reporter, ESPNBoston.com

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?