Monday, June 13, 2011
Stats and trends of note ...
By ESPN Stats & Information
A few nuggets to digest while anxiously waiting for the puck to drop on Game 6 in a couple of hours:
* Canucks: 1 win away from 1st Stanley Cup title for 2nd time in team history (lost Game 7 at NYR in 1994).
* Bruins: have never played Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Final.
* Bruins: outscored Canucks 12-1 in Game 3 & 4 at home in this series. According to Elias, it was the largest goal differential in a 2-game span in Stanley Cup Final history.
* This is the first time since 2002 in which the Stanley Cup Final will end after the NBA Finals.
* The team that has scored first has won every game in this series
* Roberto Luongo (VAN): trying to become first goalie to win gold medal in Olympics and World Championships and win a Stanley Cup in a career
* Luongo: 5-5, 3.49 GAA on road this postseason; 10-3, 1.70 GAA at home this postseason.
* Henrik/Daniel Sedin (VAN): Goal, assist, minus-3 plus/minus this series combined (both points by Daniel).
* If Bruins win, they will force the 16th Game 7 in Stanley Cup finals history. Home teams are 12-3 all-time in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. However, the road team won the last instance in 2009 when the Penguins won at Detroit.
* If Bruins win, they will be the 10th team to come back from a 2-0 series deficit to force Game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals.
* David Krejci (BOS): 11 Pts at home this postseason, tied for lead for most pts at home this postseason.
* Tim Thomas (BOS): .938 save percentage including playoffs this season. It would be the highest save percentage in any season including playoffs since 1982-83 when it was first officially tracked.
* If Bruins lose and Thomas wins Conn Smythe Trophy as playoffs MVP, he would be the 6th player from a losing team to win the award. In four previous instances, goalies took home the award.