Game 5: 10 Celtics-Magic nuggets
1. Dwight Howard had 32 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocked shots to help the Magic stave off elimination in Boston in Game Four. Howard became the first player to register 30+ points, 15+ rebounds and at least four blocked shots on the road in a "win or go home" game (blocked shots became an official statistic in 1973-74).
3. Vince Carter scored only three points in 31 minutes of action in Game 4. That is the fewest points Carter has scored in any of the 802 games (playoffs and regular season) in which he has played at least 30 minutes during his career.
5. Doc Rivers is only 1-8 (.111) on the road in games in which his team has had a chance to clinch a playoff series in his career. That is the lowest career winning percentage for any head coach in NBA history who has appeared in at least five potential series-clinching games on the road.
7. Game 4 of this series was the first game that went into overtime in this year's playoffs. In the 26 seasons that the NBA played under the current playoff format prior to the 2010 postseason, the fewest overtime games played in a postseason was two during the 2001, 2007 and 2008 playoffs.
9. Nine of the 77 postseason games that Doc Rivers has appeared in as a head coach have gone into overtime (11.7 percent). That is the highest percentage of playoff games that have gone into overtime for any head coach who has appeared in at least 30 postseason games.
10. The Magic have scored 30.9 percent of their total points from 3-point field goals in this year's playoffs (357 of 1,155). Since the NBA instituted the 3-point shot in 1979-80, only two teams have scored over 30 percent of their total points from beyond the three-point line in a single playoff season: Golden State in 2007 (31.2 percent) and Phoenix in 1997 (30.5 percent).
Play Podcast Grantland's Bill Simmons discusses the state of the Lakers, Phil Jackson's future, the perception of Rajon Rondo, Doc Rivers' impact on the Clippers and more.
Play Podcast Red Sox manager John Farrell talks about whether he expected his team to make such a turnaround in one season, his relationship with his players, fans' expectations for the squad and more.