Game 7: Celtics vs. Lakers nuggets
1. This is the fifth time that the Celtics and Lakers will be meeting in a Game 7. That is the fourth highest total of Game 7s played between two opposing teams in the three major North American pro sports that use series to determine playoff winners. In the NHL, the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens have met in a Game 7 seven times and the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs have done it six times. In the NBA, the Celtics and 76ers have met in a Game 7 six times.
3. Kevin Garnett is averaging 21 points and 15 rebounds per game in three appearances in a Game 7 in his career. Only four other players in NBA history are averaging 20+ points and 15+ rebounds per game in Game 7 (minimum: two games): Charles Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Dave Cowens and Bob Pettit.
5. After appearing in each of Boston's first 23 games of the 2010 playoffs, Kendrick Perkins has been declared out for Game 7. Only one other player has missed Game 7 of the NBA Finals after appearing in all of his team's playoff games prior to that: Bob McAdoo in 1984.
7. The Celtics 22-point margin of defeat in Game 6 marked the third time in the 2010 playoffs that they have lost a game by 20-or-more points. Only two teams in NBA history have won an NBA title in a season in which they lost three games by 20-or-more points during the playoffs: the Rockets in 1995 (three) and the Lakers in 1972 (three).
9. Ray Allen has made 54 3-point field goals in the 2010 playoffs. That is four shy of the record for the most three-pointers in a single postseason. Indiana's Reggie Miller made 58 shots from beyond the arc during the 2000 playoffs.
10. Allen has made all 19 of his free-throw attempts in this series. If he does not miss from the line in tonight's game, Allen will set the NBA record for most free-throws made without a miss in an NBA Finals series. The record is currently held by Vlade Divac, who went 13-for-13 in 1991.
Play Podcast Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Congressman Peter King join the debut podcast to discuss security at this year's Boston Marathon.
Play Podcast Boston Marathon runner Demi Clark and her husband Brian, talk about the impact of witnessing the bombings last year. Dr. Jonathan Katz speaks about dealing with trauma.
Play Podcast Scott Burnside is joined by Craig Custance, Katie Strang, Joe McDonald and Pierre LeBrun to break down each series of the first round of the 2014 NHL playoffs.
Play Podcast Buster Olney talks with Tim Kurkjian and Aaron Boone about the Braves hot start, the Nationals' injury woes, John Farrell's ejection after a blown replay and much more.