Odds & ends: Game 7 in focus
* Home teams are 87-22 (79.8 percent) all-time in Game 7.
* The Celtics are 17-4 all-time at home in Game 7, but lost their last such game in 2009 versus Orlando. Boston has never lost consecutive Game 7s at home.
* This is the seventh all-time Game 7 between these franchises (Boston leads, 4-2).
* The Celtics are 20-7 all-time in Game 7, the best in NBA history among teams with at least eight Game 7 appearances. The 76ers franchise is 6-8 in Game 7, the eight losses are tied for the most in NBA history.
* The 76ers are 1-7 all-time on the road in Game 7s. This is their first road Game 7 since 1986.
* This is the third Game 7 of the 2012 postseason (Lakers beat Nuggets; Clippers beat Grizzlies).
A quick look at all the Game 7s between the Celtics-76ers:
1982 - East Conf. Finals - 76ers
1981 - East Conf. Finals - Celtics
1977 - East Conf. Semis - 76ers
1968 - East Div. Finals - Celtics
1965 - East Div. Finals - Celtics
1959 - East Div. Finals<< - Celtics
<< 76ers franchise known as Syracuse Nationals
For more on those series, hop HERE.
Play Podcast ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter weighs in on the Panthers' WR situation, Julian Edelman's future with the Patriots, Vince Wilfork's decision to ask for his release and more.
Play Podcast "Spanning the Globe" features ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss, Yahoo! Sports' Eric Edholm and ESPN LA 710's Mark Willard.
Play Podcast Red Sox manager John Farrell talks about whether he expected his team to make such a turnaround in one season, his relationship with his players, fans' expectations for the squad and more.