Daniels looks ahead to Game 3
Friday's session consisted of a half-court walk-through of offensive and defensive sets. A number of players, including Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, stayed afterward to take extra shots and discuss schemes with the Celtics' coaching staff.
Marquis Daniels spoke briefly with the media following the team's session, touching on a number of topics relating to Friday's pivotal Game 3.
* On what the Celtics can do better in Game 3: "Stay consistent. Come out and keep giving the energy where it's needed, keep giving those guys their breaks and make sure we don't fall off anywhere."
* On putting the distractions of the officiating behind them: "We don't let too much get to us. I mean, we hate losing, obviously, but we're going to come in, focused, and hopefully we can get this one coming up."
* On how much home court helps for Game 3: "It's going to help a lot. Our fans are going to be into it; it'll help us out a lot. It's going to be more intense, we're going to come out focused and we're just going to come out ready to play."
* On what the team needs to do to bounce back: "Just more of the same. We've seen some of the small areas where we can play a lot better. That's just something we have to come in and focus on."
* On his excitement level for Game 3: "I'm very excited. It's good to be at home."
* On bench production: "We've just got to do what's needed. (Rajon) Rondo obviously had a great game last game, Paul (Pierce), those guys. If those guys continue to play well, the bench just has to come in and do what they usually do, get some stops here and there, play good defense, and knock down open shots."
* On the defense of the bench: "Just keep doing more of the same thing. I think (Mickael Pietrus) and those guys are doing a great job out there. They're playing good defense. Keyon (Dooling) is bringing great intensity, as well as Ryan (Hollins) and (Greg) Stiemsma. I think they're doing a pretty good job. A little more here and there, and we'll be OK."
Play Podcast ESPN NFL analyst Tedy Bruschi weighs in on Rex Ryan's future, the outlook for the Jets, whether Tom Brady will end his career with the Patriots and J.J. Watt's value.
Play Podcast The ESPN Boston High School football crew previews Week 7 of the Massachusetts HS football season.