- Chris Forsberg, Celtics reporter, ESPNBoston.com
- 0 Shares
NEW YORK -- A few notes before the Boston Celtics visit the New York Knicks:
* Same starting lineup for the Celtics with Chris Wilcox playing the center spot next to Brandon Bass, Jeff Green, Paul Pierce, and Avery Bradley.
* Guard Courtney Lee will again come off the bench while working his way back from an ankle sprain. Lee played six minutes in his return Friday against the Hawks. Asked how the ankle fared he noted, "I felt it a little bit. Then, when I was running up the court, I guess me and Dahntay Jones bumped each other, kind of tripped me, and it re-aggravated it a little bit. I think Doc noticed that and he'd seen that, so we just called it a quit from there."
* Center Kevin Garnett is with the team in New York. He did not participate in shootaround, but his presence is an encouraging sign in his recovery from left ankle inflammation. Garnett was expected to accompany the team to Minnesota for the final stop on this quick two-game trip, but all indications are the team will stick with the two-week timeline that could put him back on the floor sometime next week.
* Celtics coach Doc Rivers on what you can learn from a late-season meeting against a potential playoff foe: "I don’t know if there’s anything to learn. I think every time you play them, you pick up a little more about that team and they pick up a little more about you, so it’s probably all even. YOu take stuff from every game you play a team, and you put it into your preparation if you do play them in the playoffs, knowing that the game will be played differently, teams will be better prepared on both ends, and they will be more rested."
NEW YORK -- A few notes before the Boston Celtics visit the New York Knicks:* Same starting lineup for the Celtics with Chris Wilcox playing the center spot next to Brandon Bass, Jeff Green, Paul Pierce, and Avery Bradley.