Practice: Wallace (knee) likely done for year
* Wallace's season likely over with torn meniscus: Gerald Wallace underwent an MRI on his knee Thursday after experiencing swelling and it revealed a torn meniscus. Coupled with lingering bone spurs in his ankle, Wallace is expected to undergo season-ending surgery soon.
* Sullinger questionable vs. Pacers: Jared Sullinger, who has missed the last three games with a mild concussion, planned to return to practice Friday and that will be the final hurdle in whether he's ready to return to game action on Saturday against the Indiana Pacers.
* Olynyk doubtful Saturday; more likely next week: Kelly Olynyk is nursing a sore left big toe that was injured (and further aggravated) on the team's west-coast trip. After spending much of the week in a walking boot, he's doubtful against the Pacers, but Boston has three days off before hosting Golden State next Wednesday.
* Babb on board: The Celtics officially announced the signing of Chris Babb to a 10-day contract. He joined the team at practice. He was on their radar before and Wallace's meniscus tear only added a reason to bring him in.
* Rondo and Ainge talk: Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and Rajon Rondo chatted recently about BirthdayGate. Said Stevens: "Danny and [Rondo] talked. It really is closed from our standpoint."
* Bradley reevaluated next week: Avery Bradley's sprained right ankle will be reevaluated late next week.
* Faverani might need minor surgery, too: Vitor Faverani is waiting to see if his ailing left knee will require a minor surgical procedure as well.
Brian Robb contributed to this report from Waltham, Mass.
Play Podcast Buster Olney talks to Marc Topkin about the Rays' plans with David Price. Plus, Jayson Stark on Price and the rest of the trade market as the trading deadline looms over MLB.
Play Podcast Patriots QB Tom Brady talks about donating to The V Foundation for Cancer Research and more.
Play Podcast FOX's Joe Buck discusses his memories of Derek Jeter, Jeter's final season, the rivalry between the Yankees and the Red Sox and the rosters for the 2014 MLB All-Star Game.
Play Podcast ESPN NBA Insider Brian Windhorst weighs in on the Heat's reaction to LeBron James' departure, James' mindset regarding free agency, whether the Cavaliers should pursue Kevin Love and more.