Practice: Wallace (knee) likely done for year
* Wallace's season likely over with torn meniscus: Gerald Wallace underwent an MRI on his knee Thursday after experiencing swelling and it revealed a torn meniscus. Coupled with lingering bone spurs in his ankle, Wallace is expected to undergo season-ending surgery soon.
* Sullinger questionable vs. Pacers: Jared Sullinger, who has missed the last three games with a mild concussion, planned to return to practice Friday and that will be the final hurdle in whether he's ready to return to game action on Saturday against the Indiana Pacers.
* Olynyk doubtful Saturday; more likely next week: Kelly Olynyk is nursing a sore left big toe that was injured (and further aggravated) on the team's west-coast trip. After spending much of the week in a walking boot, he's doubtful against the Pacers, but Boston has three days off before hosting Golden State next Wednesday.
* Babb on board: The Celtics officially announced the signing of Chris Babb to a 10-day contract. He joined the team at practice. He was on their radar before and Wallace's meniscus tear only added a reason to bring him in.
* Rondo and Ainge talk: Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and Rajon Rondo chatted recently about BirthdayGate. Said Stevens: "Danny and [Rondo] talked. It really is closed from our standpoint."
* Bradley reevaluated next week: Avery Bradley's sprained right ankle will be reevaluated late next week.
* Faverani might need minor surgery, too: Vitor Faverani is waiting to see if his ailing left knee will require a minor surgical procedure as well.
Brian Robb contributed to this report from Waltham, Mass.
Play Podcast ESPN NFL analyst Tim Hasselbeck talks about Patriots-Vikings, Bears-49ers, Jets-Packers, the state of the Giants, Falcons-Bengals and more.
Play Podcast The ESPN Boston High School Football crew reflects on Week 1 and looks ahead to this weekend's slate of games.