Tuesday, August 10, 2010
First impressions: 2010-11 schedule
By Chris Forsberg
The NBA released the remainder of the 2010-11 schedule Tuesday afternoon and here's a few quick thoughts on what's ahead for the Boston Celtics (click HERE for the full schedule):
- A night after opening the season against the Miami Heat, the Celtics must trek to Cleveland for their first of what appears to be 19 back-to-backs this season.
- Six games into the season, Boston faces a four-game brutal road trip that includes stops in Oklahoma City, Miami, and Dallas over a five-day stretch (Thunder and Mavs are a back-to-back).
- The Celtics visit the Lakers on Sunday, Jan. 30, the third game of a four-game road trip out West, for an ABC matinee.
- The Lakers visit Boston on Thursday, Feb. 10 for a national broadcast (TNT).
- The Celtics have a second West Coast trip in late February (games against the Warriors, Nuggets, Clippers, and Jazz from Feb. 22-28).
- The Celtics visit the Heat on April 10, the final weekend of the regular season. Boston also treks to South Beach on Nov. 11.
- Boston is featured in 22 national TV games (not including NBA TV).
Click HERE for the full schedule. More schedule thoughts later.