Friday, June 1, 2012
Odds & ends: The 2-0 hole
By Chris Forsberg
With help from our friends at ESPN Stats and Info, a look at what history tell us about the 2-0 hole the Boston Celtics are facing against the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals:
* Entering this series, teams that have led 2-0 in a best-of-seven series have gone on to win the series 94.3 percent (232-14) of the time.
* The Celtics are 1-8 all-time when trailing 0-2 in a best-of-seven series. The only series Boston won coming back from that deficit was in the 1969 NBA Finals when they defeated the Lakers in seen games.
* The Heat have never lost a best-of-seven series when leading 2-0 in franchise history (7-0).
* The Heat are 1-4 all-time in the postseason on the road against the Celtics (won last game); the Heat are 3-2 on the road this postseason.
* The Celtics are 4-1 all-time in the postseason at home against the Heat (lost last game); the Celtics are 6-1 at home this postseason (2-6 on the road).