While everyone's waiting for kickoff in tonight's Pats-Dolphins Monday Night Football battle, let take a look around the region at the best and brightest around the region in this week's 10 off the top.
Let go to the links:
10. Danny Ventura, of the Boston Herald, has the news of St. George's calling off Friday's scheduled game against Lawrence Academy.
In reaction to the news, Lawrence Academy head coach Mike Taylor told our Brendan Hall: "We're taking it as a bye week. For some reason, they don't feel comfortable with the kids they've got, but that's their business. We'll take it as a bye week, and do what we can do to get better."
Certainly a situation that bears watching.
9. ESPN Boston correspondent Roger Brown takes a look at how some of New England's highly touted football prospects fared this weekend, including Matt Costello, Marcus Grant, Armani Reeves and Casey Cochran of Monroe, Conn.
8. Speaking of Connecticut, correspondent Matt Stout posted some passing thoughts from this weekend's action there ...
7. ... and there were some shake-ups to the Hartford Courant's statewide Top 10 poll.
LITTLE RHODY, BIG PERFORMANCES
6. Mike McDermott, of The Providence Journal, breaks down some of the Ocean State's top performers.
SOLID AS GRANITE
5. ESPN Boston correspondent Marc Thaler has his weekly Top 10 picks on his "Moving the Chains" blog, via the Union Leader.
4. Justin Felisko, writing on MassLive.com, digests the top performances from Western Mass.
A PUCK TALE
3. Old friend Andy Vogt of the MetroWest Daily News took an interesting look at Hopkinton's Teddy Doherty, who's playing hockey at Shattuck-St.Mary's in Faribault, Minnesota. You might have heard about a kid named Sid who passed through there recently, among other notable alumni.
INSIDE THE ROPES
2. Not too long ago, David Carty was a host of our Scott Barboza's WEBN-TV sports productions at Emerson College. Now, the Massachusetts native has returned home to work with The Sun Chronicle. Carty had this intriguing story about Norton High student Melanie Costa, who is rated among the area's top female boxers.
1. Alright, so maybe there's not too much of a connection, but we couldn't resist adding this link we came across. But Paul Bedard, the story's subject is a graduate of Bishop Stang in Dartmouth, and it is chronicled in on ESPN's "E:60", so here it goes. Mike Thomas, of the (Fall River) Herald News, has this look at the local gator wrestler. Yes, gator wrestler.