Put away the pumpkins and bring out the turkeys. October's given way to November and that means Thanksgiving's football cornucopia isn't too far away. But before we get ahead of ourselves, let's look at the weekend past. Let go to the links:
10. Roger Brown looks at the performances from some of the region's top recruits on his blog.
GO WEST, YOUNG MAN
9. Ben Larsen of MassLive.com looks back on the weekend that was in Western Mass.
GRANITE STATE OF MIND
8. Marc Thaler has New Hampshire's Top 10 updates with his Moving the Chains blog on the Union Leader site.
HARRIERS IN SPOTLIGHT
7. Lori Riley of The Hartford Courant takes a look at the Nutmeg State cross country championships.
6. Nephi Tyler of the Standard-Times catches up with Old Rochester's Dana Dourdeville, someone to watch out for in Saturday's State Coaches Invitational in Wrentham.
A PROLIFIC PACE
5. The Salem News has a look at North Shore Tech's Jesse Wilkins, who has already surpassed the 2,000-yard rushing plateau in just eight games.
GETTING PAST THE PAIN
4. Dale Ransom of The Sun Chronicle has the inspiring story of Attleboro's Randy Wnuk.
RED AND BLUE AND WINNING
3. Tim Whelan Jr. of the MetroWest Daily News has Natick girls' soccer's return to prominence in the Bay State.
SMALL IN SIZE, BIG IN ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2. Mike Szostak of The Providence Journal examines how Exeter/West Greenwich has been so successful across its programs this fall season.
MOURNING A LEGEND
1. Rich Garven of the Telegram & Gazette reports on the death of Grafton coaching legend Richard Egsegian with reaction from Steve Spagnuolo, among others.