ESPN High Schools continued its countdown of the Top 25 rising lacrosse seniors at each position today with a look at the midfielders.
Phillips Andover's Joe Kruy was first among the New Englanders represented on the list at No. 12.
In addition, the long stick middies were in focus last week, with Dover-Sherborn product Dickson Smith leading the list of locals at No. 5. The complete LSM list can be found here.
12. Joe Kruy, Phillips Andover (Andover, Mass.), Duke
18. Oliver Saffery, Wellesley (Wellesley, Mass.), Gettysburg
25. Billy Heidt, Brunswick School (Greenwich, Conn.), Dartmouth
5. Dickson Smith, Holderness School (Holderness, N.H.), Virginia
Smith is a 6-foot-4 long stick midfielder who is versatile and can play close defense as well. The rising senior has a smooth style and uses his large frame and long arms to make good checks. Smith was named to the New England Underclass team at the Under Armour games, which won the event title.
7. Reilly Naton, Duxbury (Duxbury, Mass.), Yale
Naton does a great job bringing the ball up field and then looking to dump the ball off to one of his more skilled shooters and collects the easy assist. The Duxbury rising senior plays the wing on face offs and is always there to get the ground ball off the face. Naton will be a special player at the next level.
11. Corey Wisnowski, Berkshire (Sheffield, Mass.), undecided
17. James Burke, Duxbury (Duxbury, Mass.), Penn State
23. Steve Brown, St. Sebastian's (Quincy, Mass.), Middlebury