|ESPN.com: Boston High School||[Print without images]|
Lowell at Central Catholic
Lowell keys to victory
1. Keep Central off the glass -- easier said than done, but if they can limit Central's second chance points they have a chance
2. Healy in the game -- He has to stay out of foul trouble and must make Central's bigs work on the defensive end.
3. Win the "ugly" stats -- They have to play physical and get more loose balls, more deflections, and just play scrappy to win
Central keys to victory
1. Do what you do -- This is the only key for them. If they come out and play their normal game and can withstand Lowell's energy early, they will be fine. So many weapons on the floor for them and tough defensively, they will have to have a lot of turnovers and will have to shoot poorly to drop this one.
Catholic Memorial at BC High
CM keys to victory
1. Scoring -- they have to become a more balanced scoring team. Everyone already knows about their toughness and defensive ability, but they cannot rely on Giulien Smith every game.
2. Shut down Jones -- Jameilen Jones is a dynamic player and when he is on, BC High is tough to stop. CM will have to let someone else beat them.
BC High keys to victory
1. Take care of the basketball -- if they can limit turnovers against CM's pressure they will be in good shape. More importantly, they have to look to score off of that pressure and not be content just breaking the press.
2. Rebound -- CM is aggressive on the offensive boards, and when BC High plays their zone they have to locate players and box out. If not, CM will win this game.
Wachusett at Algonquin
Wachusett keys to victory
1. Get the ball inside -- When they struggle in games its because they settle for outside shots. Use their size and slashing ability to get more shots in the paint than Algonquin
2. Stay out of foul trouble -- Specifically Alex Cooper. They are just a better team with him on the floor. Zack Berman is always key to their success, but Cooper gives them the inside presence that makes them a tough team
Algonquin keys to victory
1. Easy baskets -- they have the size to match-up down low with Wachusett, but their scoring seems to be an issue. They are going to have to get shots in transition and offensive rebounds if they aren't able to shoot the ball well against a stingy Wachusett D
2. Handle the big stage -- The critics out in CMass claim that they have not played anyone of significance yet. Well, now they have that opponent. They have to be prepared for the speed, intensity, and bright lights that come with this game. If they can sustain early runs and hang around going into the fourth quarter, they have a legitimate chance to win this one.