Boston High School
Print without images
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Player of the Week: Dexter's Luke Cuneo
By Scott Barboza
BROOKLINE, Mass. -- In a matchup of Evergreen Conference unbeatens Saturday, Dexter School continued its prodigious offensive pace, scoring a 46-21 win over Holderness.
Dexter again enjoyed a big day from senior quarterback Luke Cuneo.
Cuneo had a career day, throwing for six touchdowns and rushing for another, upping his season-long total to 14 touchdowns through just three games.
On Monday, ESPN Boston High Schools editor Brendan Hall caught up with Cuneo, our Player of the Week for Week 5:
Along with Cuneo, here are our Top 5 performers for Week 5:
Luke Cuneo, Sr. QB, Dexter
- Had 393 passing yards and six touchdowns to go along with 67 yards and a rushing touchdown against Holderness.
Dylan Kierman, Sr. QB, Quabbin
- Set the Central Mass single-game passing record in 40-34 overtime win over Oakmont, completing 31 of 44 passes for 456 yards and five touchdowns.
Derrell Fernandez, Sr. RB, Weymouth
- In the Wildcats’ 42-18 win over Brookline, carried 25 times for 264 yards and five touchdowns.
Rufus Rushins, Jr. RB, Bishop Fenwick
- Carried 24 times for 233 yards and four touchdowns in the Crusaders’ 42-20 win over Cardinal Spellman.
John Rumney, Sr. QB, Marlborough
- Completed 15 of 23 passes for 306 yards and four touchdowns in the Panthers’ 34-24 win over Westborough.