Print and Go Back ESPN.com: Boston High School [Print without images]

Tuesday, February 1, 2011
More on Ledo's decommitment from PC

By ESPNBoston.com

ESPN's Adam Finkelstein has more details on elite Class of 2012 shooting guard Ricardo Ledo's decision to decommit from Providence College, today on his recruiting blog.

Ledo, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard currently enrolled at Notre Dame Prep after withdrawing from South Kent (Conn.) last month, wrote yesterday on his Twitter account: "I'm no longer a providence friar I decided to open my recruitment back up and view my other options." The Providence native initially committed to the Friars on Christmas Eve over a host of high-major suitors; he is currently the No. 11 player in the Class of 2012 on ESPNU's rankings.

"I just wanted to view my other options," Ledo told Finkelstein. "PC is still my number one school, but the thing is that I've never really gotten to see what any other school had to offer. I've never been anywhere else."

Ledo said that there are no specific schools he wants to visit right now, and that he's just "viewing all my options and just going to start getting recruited again."

Finkelstein also addressed the speculation of Ledo re-classifying to 2011:


Sources indicate that Ledo was originally hoping to return to the Class of 2011 (he reclassified to start the 2009-2010 school year at St. Andrew's) and head to Providence next year, but his decision to re-open his recruitment only happened when he realized he wouldn't be able to meet the NCAA clearinghouse standards by the end of this school year.

Notre Dame head coach Ryan Hurd didn't comment on that report but did rave of Ledo's impact since joining the team.

"I knew he was good but I didn't know he could pass the ball as well as he can," Hurd said. "He and Khem [Birch] were pretty special out there together last week."


Be sure to check out Finkelstein's blog for recruiting updates on New England's top basketball talent.