A roundup of how folks at ESPN are picking Monday’s game between the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints.
- ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss: Patriots 41, Saints 38. A game to remember regardless of who wins. Hope they're checking all the lightbulbs in the scoreboard.
- ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg: Patriots 34, Saints 28. Facing fourth-and-2 late in the game, the Patriots punt the ball away and the defense comes up with the preserving interception to seal the win. New England will never be as insufferable as the '72 Dolphins, but the Patriots help to ensure their 16-0 record lives on for at least one more season.
- Bill Simmons: Picks the Patriots (+2) over the Saints.
- ESPN's experts: Four of nine pick the Patriots over the Saints.
- Hank Goldberg: Thinks it's a game that's nearly too close to call ... but he picks New Orleans (getting three points) over New England.
- Countdown Daily: Tedy Bruschi and Marcellus Wiley both predict a Patriots win. Wiley thinks Tom Brady will have a big game, while Bruschi says the Patriots won’t be shell shocked by the magnitude of the game.
- Sunday Countdown: Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter pick the Patriots, while Mike Ditka and Tom Jackson take the Saints.
- Madden simulation: Saints 38, Patriots 35. Simulation result has Drew Brees completing 25 of 39 passes for 282 yards and three TDs as the Saints hold off a late rally to stay undefeated.
- Make your picks for all of Sunday's games in this SportsNation feature or in our Pigskin Pick 'Em contest.