FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Sound bites from both teams' locker rooms and press conferences:
1. Bill Belichick gave Wes Welker one of the highest compliments possible, comparing him to franchise icon Troy Brown. "Wes has a lot of heart. He is a heck of a football player. He shows up every day to work. I know he's been banged up but he fights through it. He goes into the corner after the puck -- he's not just scoring goals, he's going in there and digging it out in the corner."
2. Tom Brady on Welker compared to Brown: "Wes doesn't have the strength that Troy did. He's a little bit smaller, but his quickness is second to none."
3. Panthers safety Chris Harris on if he sensed Randy Moss was frustrated: "He did seem a little frustrated. If you can get to him early, it shows. He gets frustrated and might not complete 'go' routes sometimes and things of that nature if you get a good jam on him at the line. I felt our corners did extremely well against him."
4. Running back Sammy Morris on the win: "I think Tom [Brady] said it best. He said, 'We've played better and lost.'"
5. Safety James Sanders started for the first time since Week 1 –- replacing Brandon McGowan –- and finished tied for the team high with seven tackles. He had a particularly big hit on Steve Smith. "It felt great to be able to go back out there and do what I love to do -- just play ball," he said. "It's a step in the right direction."
6. Linebacker Rob Ninkovich commented on his contract extension through 2011. "It's a good feeling for someone to give me a chance. I'm happy to be here for a little bit longer and have a little more security rather than living out of a Rubbermaid bin."
7. Panthers offensive lineman Mackenzy Bernadeau, a native of Waltham, Mass., and graduate of Bentley University, on his homecoming: “It's always exciting coming back home, playing in your home state, but it would be more exciting coming out with a win.”
8. Belichick on rotating Sebastian Vollmer into the game at both tackles spots: "We planned to play all three tackles, and I think it was probably good for them to get a little break. It's not often those guys do, and be able to come back in and be fresh and go on those long drives."