INDIANAPOLIS -- Sights, sounds and picked-up pieces through a Patriots-like lens at the NFL combine:
1. Ernie Adams, the Patriots' football research director, is here and part of the scouting process. Adams is often overlooked by media members because he keeps a low profile, but he remains an integral part of the team's operation.
2. Coaches and personnel executives with Patriots ties will be making their way through the media center today, with Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels (1:30), Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff (3:30) and Browns coach Eric Mangini (4:30) scheduled for interviews.
3. From a media perspective, this will be a good day to get a better feel for defensive linemen and linebackers in the draft. The Patriots have needs in both areas, so the plan will be to bounce around and see if any prospects have sensed strong interest from the club. Along those lines, here is a Patriots-based story on ESPNBoston.com on the team's dilemma at outside linebacker.
4. Kennard McGuire, the agent for franchise-tagged Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork, has kept a low profile here. He avoided a Boston-area media stakeout at the annual agents meeting on Friday. While some agents seem to enjoy being front-and-center when it comes to the media spotlight, McGuire doesn't seem to fit that mold. That's probably something the Patriots appreciate.
5. With Friday's coin flips to break ties in the draft order, the Patriots' position in the second round has been established. They will pick 44th (from Jaguars), 48th (from Titans) and 53rd (own selection).