- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Sound bites and picked-up pieces from Patriots players following today's organized team activity at Gillette Stadium:
1. Veteran receiver Torry Holt on his first impressions of New England practices: "It's been good. A lot of good work, guys getting after it, guys really focusing in and trying to do it right, and improve as a football team as a whole. The people here have been great. The organization has been great. The welcome has been absolutely outstanding. I'm happy and excited about being here."
2. Second-year receiver Brandon Tate on if he feels like his previously injured knee has responded: "I feel good. I'm out here running around, doing everything with everybody, just getting ready. ... The whole offseason I was doing everything [workout wise]. I'm real comfortable."
3. Second-year defensive lineman Ron Brace has been working out in the team's offseason program and he's noticed strides. "I feel like I got a lot faster, stronger, and I feel a lot [better with] change of direction. I'm still working on the mental aspect of it, learning the game. It's not a simple game. I still have a lot to learn."
4. Outside linebacker Rob Ninkovich has added eight pounds to his frame and is now 263 pounds. He's hopeful that will help him physically when it comes to banging with offensive tackles and tight ends.
5. Third-year cornerback Terrence Wheatley on the competitiveness level of practice: "We had a few collisions early on, so we had to tone it down a bit. Everybody is excited to be back. After the way things ended last season, everybody is kind of looking forward to the new season."
6. Veteran receiver David Patten touched on how the team's offensive system has evolved from when he was last with the team (2001-2004). At 35, he's the oldest player on the roster, but he hasn't felt like it. "Believe it or not, I feel wonderful. The body feels regenerated, renewed. So far, so good," Patten said, before cautioning that the true test will come once the pads are on in training camp.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Sound bites and picked-up pieces from Patriots players following today's organized team activity at Gillette Stadium:1. Veteran receiver Torry Holt on his first impressions of New England practices: "It's been good.