Video: Reiss' 3 keys for Pats vs. Vikes
October, 28, 2010
In the video above, ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Reiss gives his three keys for the New England Patriots against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday:
1. Passing offense. Look for the Patriots to spread the field to soften up the Vikings’ sturdy front seven. Of course, that means protection on the edges -- with left tackle Matt Light, right tackle Sebastian Vollmer against edge rushers Jared Allen and company -- will be key.
2. Put the ball in Brett Favre's hands. When the Vikings get their running game going with Adrian Peterson, they’re that much tougher. Making Minnesota one-dimensional -- especially considering the Pats will be facing either a hobbled Favre or backup Tarvaris Jackson -- will make life much easier on the New England defense.
3. Tackling. When you face a hard-charging runner like Peterson and an electrifying receiver like Percy Harvin, bringing them down after initial contact becomes all the more important.
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
WEEK 4 - FRIDAY 8/22
2014 AFC EAST STANDINGS
SUBSCRIBE:Subscribe to this blog's RSS
SEARCH THIS BLOG
LATEST ON THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
- Christopher Price retweeted
- Aaron Dobson 3 retweeted
- Nate Ebner retweeted
- New England Patriots retweeted