- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Scott Green's crew is scheduled to referee tonight's game between the Patriots and Jets.
With a big assist from ESPN.com's Mike Sando, who charts all penalties, here are some quick hits on Green's crew from 2008 through Week 12 of this season that could reflect how tonight's game will be called:
1. Green's crew calls fewer than the average number of penalties. Of referees who have worked continuously since 2008, Green and his crew have called 511 penalties. Only Peter Morelli (467) and Gene Steratore (506) have called fewer.
2. Green's crew ties for the most encroachment penalties over that span of time (16).
3. Green's crew has called the fewest offensive holding penalties over that span of time (79), a total that includes special teams.
4. Green's crew has called the second most offensive pass interference penalties over that span of time (20).
5. Green's crew is near the low end of calling roughing the passer (8) and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (5).