- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
ESPN.com has been running a "flash points" series for each division, looking at the defining moments in franchise history for each club. Today, the AFC East is in focus.
The results were voted on by readers and as reporter Tim Graham notes, "Among the AFC East clubs in ESPN.com's "Flash Points" series, the Patriots' poll generated the most votes and the closest race."
And the winner is ... the selection of quarterback Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft.
The results from almost 60,000 votes:
1. Drafting Tom Brady -- 46 percent
2. Hiring Bill Belichick -- 34 percent
3. Robert Kraft buying the team -- 10 percent
4. Bill Parcells hired/Drew Bledsoe drafted -- 8 percent