CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. -- ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss checks in with some bullet-style observations from the third day of the Tom Brady-led Patriots workouts at BC's Alumni Stadium:
* Players look to the sky as a helicopter circles above. It is not clear if helicopter is there for workout, but it catches the attention of players and security.
* Play of the day came when Tom Brady pitched to Kevin Faulk, then went out for the pass. Brady was open but couldn't corral it one-handed. It wasn't an all-out effort by Brady -- safety first -- but he was disgusted with himself, putting his hands on his head.
* Overall thought today: Spirited but fun competition between offense and defense.
* Rookies Nate Solder and Ryan Mallett leave BC together. "You heard, no media interviews," Mallett says playfully.
* Expecting to see several of the players tonight at Tom Brady's Best Buddies game. Looks like team got 3 days of good work in.
* Backup QB Brian Hoyer, who took reps behind Brady, shows his arm strength with 60 yard bomb to Matthew Slater. Hoyer with a few other TD throws.
* Offense twice dropped to the turf as a group to do push-ups, with defense having the upper hand on those particular plays.