- Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Taking a look at some players, based on practice this week, not expected to play in tonight's preseason game in Tampa:
1. DT Albert Haynesworth and DT Mike Wright -- Neither player has practiced since Aug. 3. If Vince Wilfork doesn't get his first action of the preseason, expect the team to again turn to younger players like Kyle Love, Darryl Richard, and Kade Weston.
3. RB Shane Vereen and CB Ras-I Dowling -- Pair of second-round draft picks haven't practiced in over a week. Fellow rookie Stevan Ridley could continue to see time in Vereen's place, while Darius Butler and Jonathan Wilhite will likely continue to get a long look at cornerback without Dowling.
4. LT Matt Light -- Veteran returns to practice this week but is a limited participant and is not seen at Wednesday's walkthrough. Expect rookie Nate Solder to see plenty of playing time in Light's place.
7. WRs Taylor Price, Julian Edelman, and Brandon Tate -- After an impressive preseason opener, Price does not practice this week. Edelman also has missed the week's practice, while Tate has been out for more than a week. Look for Buddy Farnham, Matthew Slater, and Jeremy Ross to once again see the bulk of playing time at wide receiver.
9. S James Sanders -- After opening camp on the active/non-football injury list, has only practiced three times and has been out of action since Aug 5. Look for Sergio Brown and Bret Lockett at safety in the second half.
10. RB Kevin Faulk -- Veteran running back remains on the active/physically unable to perform list.
Taking a look at some players, based on practice this week, not expected to play in tonight's preseason game in Tampa:1. DT Albert Haynesworth and DT Mike Wright -- Neither player has practiced since Aug.