FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the Patriots' locker room today during the media-access period:
1. Running back Danny Woodhead, receiver Matthew Slater, offensive lineman Brian Waters and tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Dan Gronkowski were players drawing larger media crowds.
2. Waters (12th year) shared thoughts on what it's like to be coached by Dante Scarnecchia, who is considered one of the NFL's best: "It’s been great, he definitely pushes you to be the best. That’s something I really enjoy at this point in my career, to have somebody really push you, demand of you to be the best that you can be."
3. Running back Kevin Faulk, who has been a regular presence in the locker room and meetings despite being on the reserve/physically unable to perform list, answered questions from several reporters. This came after coach Bill Belichick praised his professionalism in his morning news conference.
4. The chair at Mike Wright's locker was folded up as if Wright hadn't been present in the locker room today. Wright has been sidelined by a concussion.
5. Slater on what he's seen from quarterback Tom Brady: "When the guy's playing like that, how do you explain it? You couldn't even go get on a video game right now and put up those kind of numbers. But I'm sure Tom will tell you the same thing -- we have to worry about this week. He's going to prepare, he's our leader, and we look to him. He doesn't get caught up in what he did last week, he's focused on this week."