FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Some quick-hit thoughts on the Patriots' inactive players:
1. Safety Josh Barrett, who has been starting in a rotation-type situation, is out with a hamstring injury. The Patriots figure to have Patrick Chung going wire-to-wire at safety, and then will have Sergio Brown, James Ihedigbo and Ross Ventrone filling out the depth chart. Ihedigbo (14 snaps last week) could be leaned on more than anticipated against his former team.
2. The Patriots get cornerbacks Leigh Bodden (groin) and Ras-I Dowling (hip) back after both missed last week. Devin McCourty starts on one side, and now the Patriots have more options on who plays the opposite side -- Bodden, Dowling or Kyle Arrington.
3. Defensive lineman Mike Wright (concussion) returned to practice Thursday, but he's not ready yet. Still, the Patriots have better numbers along the line this week, with Albert Haynesworth returning after missing the last two games with a back injury. Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Shaun Ellis and Andre Carter were the top four last week.
4. With Julian Edelman out, the Patriots don't have their top kickoff and punt returner. Receiver Taylor Price is one option to fill that role, while Wes Welker could possibly return to his old punt-return duties. In pre-game warmups, Price, Welker and Deion Branch took punt returns, while Shane Vereen, Stevan Ridley, Devin McCourty and Matthew Slater worked on kickoff returns.
5. With running back Danny Woodhead out, as expected, the Patriots have BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Stevan Ridley atop the depth chart. This could lead to rookie Shane Vereen seeing his first action of the season on offense.