FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the Patriots' locker room during the media-access period:
1. While cornerback Devin McCourty spoke at the interview podium in the media workroom, tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Dan Gronkowski, linebacker Rob Ninkovich and safety Patrick Chung were some of the players drawing larger media crowds.
2. Cornerback Phillip Adams has re-joined the team. He was present in the locker room today and said he was hoping he'd receive the call to return. Adams is not practice squad eligible, so the Patriots will have to make a 53-man roster move to create space for Adams.
3. In a moment that generated some laughter from reporters, tight end Aaron Hernandez conducted his media interview at his locker while eating a piece of grilled chicken. Given the Red Sox fallout with players eating fried chicken in the clubhouse during games, Hernandez' food of choice drew attention. On a different note, Hernandez seems to be enjoying his media sessions. He's more comfortable this year.
4. Players were dressing in full pads, as for the second week in a row, Bill Belichick will use Thursday for a contact practice.
5. Despite rain in the region, players said they were preparing to practice outside. That's generally the Belichick Way.
6. Running back Kevin Faulk on possibly coming off the physically unable to perform list as early as next week: "No idea. It's the same thing as when you come to the team, your role on the team is what you make it. I have to see what it is, as I haven't been on the field for a year." Faulk, who feels 100 percent, said he hasn't had a discussion about his status.