- Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the media-access period in the Patriots' locker room this morning:
Mike Reiss/ESPN Boston
Stephen Gostkowski's Revolution jersey.1. They love you when you win, and we've seen what it's like when you lose, so don't give it back. That was the general theme among players today and something they said Bill Belichick told them. They have worked hard to avoid riding the emotional roller-coaster of an NFL season and the idea is to put the Jets' win behind them and devote all focus to the Chiefs.
2. Players drawing larger media crowds included linebacker Jerod Mayo, cornerback Kyle Arrington, defensive lineman Vince Wilfork, cornerback Antwaun Molden, linebacker Rob Ninkovich, tight end Rob Gronkowski, offensive lineman Marcus Cannon and defensive end Mark Anderson. In the media workroom, quarterback Tom Brady held his weekly news conference. This made it a busy 45 minutes for reporters.
3. As our ESPNBoston.com cameras rolled in an interview with Sterling Moore, the rookie safety got a pretty good ribbing from offensive lineman Donald Thomas. The joke was that Moore is now "big-time" after playing every snap in the win over the Jets. Moore later said that teammates have also been giving him a hard time for injuring teammate Devin McCourty.
4. Backup quarterback Brian Hoyer is preparing to play the role of left-handed quarterback Tyler Palko in practice, and the two have a connection. Hoyer took a recruiting visit to University of Pittsburgh when Palko was playing there, and while Hoyer ended up going to Michigan State, his teams played Pittsburgh twice, which created more of a connection between the quarterbacks. So while some might be asking "Who's Tyler Palko?", Hoyer needs no introduction. Hoyer, a right-handed quarterback, won't be throwing with his left in practice but probably will roll out to the left side more often than the norm.
5. Kicker Stephen Gostkowski wore a New England Revolution jersey, with his name on the back, in support of his friend Jay Heaps. The Revs officially named Heaps their head coach today.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quick hits from the media-access period in the Patriots' locker room this morning:1. They love you when you win, and we've seen what it's like when you lose, so don't give it back.