DENVER -- Each week, the players who are part of multiple special teams units are highlighted in this space. Let's call a change-up today.
In addition to pointing out the core special teamers, here is a list of starters who play on at least one unit:
1. Kyle Arrington -- Lines up on kickoff coverage unit. Used to be a core special teamer but as his role on defense expanded, he played less in kicking game.
2. BenJarvus Green-Ellis -- Plays on the punt coverage and kickoff return units; probably not too many backs leading their team in rushing doing that.
3. Rob Gronkowski -- Part of the wedge on kickoff return unit, where his athleticism and power is ideal.
4. Devin McCourty -- Combination of size and speed is deemed an asset on kickoff coverage unit.
5. Rob Ninkovich -- Kickoff return unit and punt coverage, which is added to his growing responsibilities on defense.
6. Nate Solder -- Part of the wedge on kickoff return unit, where he provides a strong point of attack.
Now, a look at those players who were on multiple special teams units in the win over the Broncos:
LB Niko Koutouvides
S Ross Ventrone
LB Tracy White
WR/DB/LR/PR Julian Edelman (team-high 3 tackles)
WR Matthew Slater
RB Danny Woodhead
S Sergio Brown*
LB Dane Fletcher
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
CB Antwaun Molden
LB Rob Ninkovich
* Is the 12th man on punt return if team doesn't use two returners.